Tips to Contact a Give an Hour (GAH) Provider
- Mention GAH: Tell a provider you’re a GAH client at the beginning of your call, voicemail, or email.
- Leave a message: Even if the provider’s voicemail states they are not accepting new clients, some GAH providers hold openings just for a GAH clients.
- Call again: Messages can be hard to understand or accidentally erased.
- Include your information: Be sure to leave your name, phone number, and email address (if you have one) in your message.
- Be prepared: Make sure your voicemail is set up and not full for when the provider returns your call.
- Try email: Providers spend much of their day with clients. Consider using their email or their website’s “Contact Us” section to make contact.
- Let us know: If you can’t reach a GAH provider using their contact information on our website, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will update our database.
Give an Hour is a nonprofit organization providing free mental health care to U.S. military personnel and their loved ones affected by their time in service. We want to help you heal. If you are seeking help, we offer a range of mental health services to address a variety of needs. On our secondary website, connected.giveanhour.org, we provide a listing of additional resources covering eight topic areas.
Our definition of “family” is very broad and includes but is not limited to the following:
- extended family members
- unmarried partners
If you are unsure if someone you love qualifies, please contact us at email@example.com.
Our providers can help in the following areas:
- Individual Services
- Marital Services
- Family Services
- Group Counseling
- Child and Adolescent Services
- Parent Guidance
- Post-Traumatic Stress
- Alcohol/Chemical Dependency
- Pastoral Counseling
- Grief and Loss
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Anger Management
- Sexual Abuse
Our Expectations of Our Providers
Our providers are licensed mental health professionals who have agreed to provide services in their areas of expertise. They generously agree to provide one hour per week of mental health support at no charge. Our providers agree to participate in the Give an Hour network for a minimum of one year. Our providers are aware that Give an Hour is a nonpolitical organization whose mission is to assist military personnel and their families as they cope with the effects of their time in the service. Our providers agree to conduct their practice using the highest ethical standards and to respect and honor the dignity and individuality of those who seek their assistance.
Give an Hour specifically disclaims all warranties and liabilities regarding its providers. Give an Hour does not prescreen mental health professionals who join our network. We do verify that they are licensed and in good standing in their stated profession. We expect you to take all precautions to ensure that your relationship with a provider is safe and successful.
Our Offer to Assist You in Giving Back
A core belief of our organization is that individuals who receive help benefit from the opportunity to give back once their needs have been addressed. If at some point you would like this opportunity, we would be happy to connect you to organizations in your area that are in need of volunteers. Feel free to contact us if you would like to donate time in your community. Give an Hour believes that everyone has something valuable to give and that our society will benefit if we harness the resources inherent in each of us.
Give an Hour has been named